Project Matsu is a collaboration between NASA and the Open Cloud Consortium to develop open source technology for cloud-based processing of satellite imagery to support the earth sciences. Technology developed by the collaboration include:
- The Namibia Flood Dashboard.
- MapReduced based analytics for identifying floods and CO2 concentrations.
- Using elastic infrastructure-as-a-service to create Level 1 images each day.
- A Hadoop-based OGC-compliant tiling service and Web MapService.
You can learn more from these five minute videos introducing some Matsu tools.
- Daily Namibia Flood Dashboard
- Hadoop-supported Web Map Service Areas of Interest:
- Carbon Monoxide cluster centers from volcanic eruption
- Irrigation patterns in the Sahara
- Water Classifier Namibia
- Water Classifier Italian Coast